How to Use Zoom
For many of our online classes, meetings and webinars, we like to use a platform called Zoom. It’s easy to use! You can access on your phone, ipad or computer. Just follow the directions below.
Using Zoom on a phone
- Go to the app store and download the Zoom app
- On the day of the webinar, click through the direct link and it will bring you right to the meeting.
Using Zoom on a Computer
- Go to https://www.zoom.us/. You will be prompted to load the platform software. Click yes. You will be prompted to create a free user account.
- On the day of the call/meeting/webinar, go to the direct link and click through. That’s it! Usually the webinar host will have everyone muted and video off for participants. If you are in a meeting and it’s not off, you can switch that off easily.
- Double-check that you are on mute. (see videos above)
- You can change the way the video appears when there are multiple speakers or if it is a live meeting with all attendees w/ video on. On the top of your screen is an option for “speaker view” or “tile view”
- Don’t be afraid to test things out!